We are proud to be a sponsor of AB 123, authored by Assemblymember Kevin McCarty. Sponsoring a bill means we have helped to develop the legislation, and will be supporting it during its journey through government.
AB 123 will set California children on a path to success in school and in life by:
- Increasing access to high-quality preschool to help ensure all children are ready to learn and thrive in kindergarten and beyond
- Improving California’s preschool system in order to help close the school readiness gap for California’s most disadvantaged kids
- Focusing on teachers as key to quality in early learning by creating a path for compensation that is commensurate with skills and on a par with K-12 educators
- Addressing the challenges that California’s working parents face in obtaining quality, affordable child care for their children
- Improving quality in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and State Preschool (CSPP) classrooms and aligns quality standards
AB 123 will provide access to Pre-K for nearly 70,000 additional children, and improve the quality of existing Pre-K and TK programs for 200,000 children, at a cost of $1.5 billion.
Assemblymember McCarty has started a #PreK4All petition to show how many people care about early childhood education. The petition will be delivered to members of the California Assembly and Senate so it’s a great way to make your voice heard by policymakers.
Signing the petition is quick and easy – simply enter your name, email and address and you’re done! Will you add your voice to support for Pre-K For All?
- Kidango (lead co-sponsor)
- Early Edge California (lead co-sponsor)
- Advancement Project (co-sponsor)
- California Federation of Teachers (co-sponsor)
- Fight Crime Invest in Kids (co-sponsor)
- LA Chamber of Commerce (co-sponsor)
- California Legislative Information
- Find your California Representative
- California State Assembly
- California State Senate
- Office of the Governor of California
If you are passionate about early childhood education and would like to make your voice heard, join our advocacy network here. We may ask you contact your representatives, sign a petition or even accompany us to Sacramento to speak on behalf of a bill.
For questions about advocacy at Kidango, contact Michele Stillwell-Parvensky at email@example.com.