We are proud to be a sponsor of AB 167, authored by Assemblywoman Blanca Rubio. Sponsoring a bill means we have helped to develop the legislation, and will be supporting it during its journey through government.
AB 167 will increase access to high-quality child care with comprehensive family supports for low-income infants and toddlers to help provide California’s babies with a healthy and bright start. It will achieve this by:
- Strengthening and expanding child care and development programs for infants and toddlers based on the effective, high-quality Early Head Start model
- Granting providers a $4,000 per child supplemental grant to support better trained teachers, strengthened family support services and family engagement specialists, developmental screenings, and connections to well-child health and dental care and other social services and community resources
- Providing high-quality child care and comprehensive support services to 20,000 additional low-income infants and toddlers
We support this bill because every day we hear from teachers and parents about the positive impact of high-quality infant/toddler services. Some of them have shared their stories with us – read about the impact of Early Head Start.
- One-page fact sheet
- Full bill text
- The benefits of high-quality child care-Early Head Start partnerships
- In-depth fact sheet on the evidence base for child care-Early Head Start partnerships
- California Legislative Information
- Find your California Representative
- California State Assembly
- California State Senate
- Office of the Governor of California
If you are passionate about early childhood education and would like to make your voice heard, join our advocacy network here. We may ask you contact your representatives, sign a petition or even accompany us to Sacramento to speak on behalf of a bill.
For questions about advocacy at Kidango, contact Michele Stillwell-Parvensky at firstname.lastname@example.org.